Applications programmers write and maintain programmable code outlined in technical instructions and specifications for software applications and operating systems.
Tasks include –
1. Writing and maintaining program code outlined in instructions and specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards;
2. Revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements;
3. Conducting trial runs of programs and software applications to confirm that they will produce the desired information;
4. Compiling and writing documentation of program development;
5. Identifying and communicating technical problems, processes and solutions.